After completing BCom and LLB degrees at the University of the Witwatersrand, Jonathan joined the firm as a candidate attorney at the end of 2009 and was admitted as an attorney in March 2012.
While working at the firm, Jonathan has gained considerable experience in the following areas of practice:
– Litigation and dispute resolution in claims of professional negligence against architects, engineers and quantity surveyors, often involving multi-million Rand residential and industrial developments where cost overruns and errors / deficiencies in design are in dispute
– Advising and assisting financial advisers and intermediaries in resolving professional negligence disputes with clients and preparing substantive responses in claims lodged with the FAIS Ombud
– Representing insurance brokers in litigation involving disputed insurance claims
– Drafting wills and administration of estates
– Professional fees recoveries